The New City Catechism, now with Songs for Saplings music!
In October of 2012, The Gospel Coalition in partnership with Tim Keller launched the New City Catechism—a joint adult and children’s catechism consisting of 52 questions and answers adapted from the Reformation catechisms.
A year later we were happy to announce that both the New City Catechism website and the iPad application have been updated to include free music resources from the Songs for Saplings Questions with Answers series.
Each question in the New City Catechism now has one or more free songs that you can use with your children when learning the deep and rich truths in the New City Catechism.
Visit the New City Catechism website or download the iPad app for free today.
1. Open http://www.newcitycatechism.com/home.php in a web browser 2. Click on the settings icon (it looks like this ) and select “Child Mode”. 3. Close the settings box. 4. Now click on any of the questions, and you should see three choices for each song: v:verse, p:prayer, and s:song. Click the song (it looks like this ) and now you can play the songs that go along with each New City Catechism question.
iPad App Instructions
- Download the iPad app from iTunes
- Open the New City Catechism app
- Click on the home icon (it looks like this ) to access the questions.
- Now click on any of the questions, and you should see several choices for each question. Click the song icon (it looks like this ) and now you can play the songs that go along with each New City Catechism question.
- To view the questions in “Child Mode” click on the settings icon (it looks like this ) and select “Child Mode.”
- Close the settings box by touching anywhere on your screen.